Thursday, May 2, 2019

Tooth Fairy Adventures



For WEEKS Hylie's front tooth was wiggling all over the place.  Hylie was constantly playing with it, it would be bent in a different direction every time you looked at her, and it was getting pretty uncomfortable.  But that little guy did not want to come out.  Now, I have to confess here: I don't do teeth.  I don't know what it is, but a wiggly tooth sends chills up and down my spine.  So I never gave that thing a tug.  But Geoff sure did and it wasn't going anywhere.  Finally, on April 10th, after the girls went to bed, Hylie called for Geoff because she was able to twist the tooth around 360 degrees.  Her gums were bleeding from these acrobats, so Geoff gave it a good tug and out it finally came.  It was late, so Geoff took the tooth and Hylie was quite excited to share the news in the morning.

On Thursday, April 11th Hylie put that little tooth in her toothfairy pillow only to find Friday morning that it was still there.  She was devastated.  She ran into our room at 7 AM and reported to Geoff that the toothfairy hadn't picked up her tooth.  She thought she knew what the problem was: the last time the toothfairy came, Hylie was in a different room.  Obviously the toothfairy didn't know where to find her!  She had already searched under Eliana's pillow but was crushed to find nothing there. Even with such disheartening events, life still had to go on.  Geoff told Hylie she needed to get ready for school.  The girls were pretty down-in-the-mouth at breakfast, so Geoff recommended they look one more time and REALLY search Eliana's bed.  So the girls followed him back upstairs, pulled all the sheets off the bed, and looked around like crazy.  When Geoff picked up Eliana's pillow he thought he heard some paper crinkle.  Sure enough, they reached INSIDE the pillow case and found this magical note, complete with fancy stationary and swirly letters from the toothfairy!



Mystery solved!  Hylie was so relieved and needless to say, this was the topic of discussion all day long!

Guess what?  Having been up all night with Kyron, I slept through this ENTIRE ordeal Friday morning.  So, I woke up to three extremely excited little girls, and a husband who's been nominated for "Dad of the Century" award.





That night, the girls left a note under Eliana's pillow explaining where Hylie sleeps now.  Saturday morning revealed the toothfairy got the note, took Hylie's tooth, and left a little surprise in its place.  All was right in the universe...and I'm still in awe with how this all went down.


No comments:

Post a Comment