Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Excited Big Sisters!

Due to protocols to keep influenza at bay, the girls were not allowed to come to the hospital to meet Kyron.  This broke my heart, because I love those first sweet moments of meeting the new sibling.  So we made the best of the situation and tried to share the excitement with the girls while we were apart.  Geoff went home a few hours after Kyron was born so he was there when the girls woke up and was able to share the fun news.

We also did a video chat with them later that night so they could meet their handsome brother.  Needless to say, they were elated!




They were all eager to have their turn holding him when he came home.  They love their little brother and have been pretty good about the fact that this little guy sucks up most of Mom's time, Lillian has definitely had the hardest time adjusting though.  Many people have joked that Kyron has 4 mothers...but I am here to set the record straight, he's not the one with the extra "mom's" right now...I am!  The moment Kyron makes any noise you will hear, "Mom!  Kyron's awake!"  When he is crying, I usually get a report from each of the girls, "Mom, Kyron is crying!"  They'll let me know I need to go get him, that his diaper needs changed, or that Kyron needs his pacifier.  I giggle when they are insistent that he needs to eat even when I tell them he JUST finished eating.  So, yes, I have plenty of helpers (and reporters!) around here.  I'm just so grateful they love their little brother and have been so excited to be a part of this adventure.


Lillian, Kyron, and Geoff next to the beautiful flowers Grammy and Pappy Woodhouse sent







No comments:

Post a Comment