Monday, May 20, 2019

Easter 2019



 On April 21st, we could not have asked for a more beautiful Easter morning.  It was sunny and in the 70's---pure delight.




Keeping it real!

This cute outfit is all thanks to Grandma Nelson--and it also inspired the girls' outfits as well!



 All week we had been talking about the Savior's last 7 days on earth, and when Sunday morning came around I kept craving the song "He is Risen" and played the Tabernacle Choir's recording of it several times--what a glorious message!  The girls have been learning a lot about Jesus Christ through scriptures and songs and I hope the stories and testimonies they are becoming familiar with will sink into their hearts and they will truly know their Savior and want to be like Him.

Other Easter festivities included two egg hunts with friends and the Easter Bunny also came by our home.  The girls enjoyed searching for all their eggs and were pretty thrilled with all the surprises inside them.






I was asked to play the violin for Sacrament meeting.  I prepared a medley by Brent Jorgensen which included several songs that testify of Christ.  I worked as much as I could on the piece and prayed sincerely that I would be able to invite the spirit through this song.  As I practiced I noticed improvements that had to have come from Father in Heaven--I do believe that as we give what little we have, He multiplies our efforts.  For the most part, I was happy with how things went.  I know I'm no virtuoso, but how I love music and the blessings it brings to our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment