On Mother's Day I was showered with even more love than usual from Geoff and the kids. Geoff took the girls to the store on Saturday to pick out flowers and treats and the girls made cards--but the best gift was seeing their sweet smiles when they presented their treasures.
Card by Eliana
Eliana is big into cutting things these days...this was the final creation
Lillian's card - she gave each stick figure hair and faces
Hylie drew what I looked like when I was 6 along with Jared, Janna, Dean, Grant, and Eric
Motherhood is teaching me a great deal about love, patience, and sacrifice. Each day I'm reminded of how much more I still need to learn. I've been extremely blessed with a very forgiving family who is willing to grow with me. This year I found myself reflecting on Mother Eve. She paved the way for all mothers and I wonder what kind of support she had? I call my dear Mother multiple times a week to ask questions, talk about the children, and discuss how to deal with my shortcomings. Eve did not have the tremendous blessing of a mother to turn to and lean on as she reared her children and figured out life on Earth. How thankful I am for all the mothers who have come before me and exemplified unconditional love, nurturing, and hard work. I pray I may be able to show my children the blessings of motherhood and that at the end of every day they know I love them dearly even if my imperfect reactions and responses don't always reflect this.






No comments:
Post a Comment