Monday, May 31, 2021

My Stone Wall

 Upfront, I want to make it very clear that I love our home and am so grateful we call this place ours.  Having said that, I've never been crazy about the vaulted ceiling in the front entrance area of our home. I am one that loves architectural details and cozy spaces, and this area I felt was lacking both.  After years of doing research on different products and also spending lots of time convincing Geoff that this would be a lovely idea, I got to add an architectural detail--a stone wall--to our home.  In February I started contacting different masons and handy-men and finally in May I was able to get on Carlo's schedule.  He and his father, Sal, did an absolutely beautiful job!  This was their first time working with the product and were so gracious to me as I was constantly talking to them about how to approach the project and discuss options as different hiccups appeared during the install.  I am absolutely in love with the look and what it's done for this space!



I was beyond thrilled with how beautifully they cut the stone around this arched window

And this is just one of the reasons I was not willing to DIY!

And yes, there are times I just sit in this room and stare at the wall.

1 comment: