Monday, May 31, 2021

Mother's Day 2021

 

Becoming a mother is truly a dream come true for me.  Yes, there are crazy days, but those days are also packed with joy and yes, there are days filled with tears (which roll down both little chubby cheeks as well as my own), but there isn't anything in the world I'd trade to have these precious children who call me "mom".


Amazed at how accurate Eliana's answers are!

Hylie's big into giving me coupons!  The orange book on the right was presented to me weeks ago and then I got the "Spa Edition" on Mother's Day.  Hylie will often remind me if I haven't utilized a coupon for a while and she is always so eager to do a task to help out.

I admit, I teared up with I read that her favorite thing is my 9,999% happiness.  I found a quote a while ago that states, "Your kids don't want a perfect mom, they want a happy mom" and oh how I strive to live that.  I definitely have my "off" days, but how I pray they remember my good and happy days.

I was quite spoiled to be able to just "show up" for dinner.  Geoff and the kids prepared noodles (with sauce on the side), pizza, fruit salad, and kool-aid.  I also got my very own pint of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream for dessert!






So grateful I have Geoff to do this parenting thing with me



And my dream of being a mother all stemmed from this amazing woman: my Mother.  She continues to be my biggest fan and strongest support.  Mom is always willing to talk even if I've already called her three times that day.  What an example she is of cultivating talents, serving others, and going the extra mile.  Her testimony of Jesus Christ brings so much light to us all.  My favorite thing to do is discuss doctrine with Mom.  She always has so much insight, understands deeply the role our Savior, Jesus Christ fulfilled, and lives in faith no matter how chaotic the world gets.  I love you, Mom.  There will never be enough thanks for all you are to me.

I was asked to speak in church on Mother's Day.  My topic wasn't motherhood--but I decided to focus my remarks on women and the love Jesus Christ has for us.  I felt the spirit guide me the entire time I prepared my remarks and am grateful for all I learned in that process. I know the family is ordained of God and that my role of motherhood is such a sacred duty--one that I cherish and strive to fulfill the way Heavenly Father needs me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment