Monday, May 31, 2021

Easter Week

 Several years ago we started the tradition of reviewing the Savior's last week in mortality from Passover Sunday to Easter morning.  The kids look forward to our lessons each night and love looking at all the pictures we have that depict the many things the Savior did.  The girls also wanted to do stop motion videos about Jesus Christ again, so they each picked a different miracle and talked about what they learned from that miracle.  When the kids were ready to film their presentations, I realized I hadn't charged the device that had the Stop Motion app on it and I knew if I didn't work on it with them when they were ready to do it, it probably wouldn't happen.  So the stop motion was done without the app, making it super patchy--but the girls enjoyed learning and presenting their miracles.  Here is a link to the video we compiled and watched together on Easter morning:

Easter 2021 - Woodhouse Family

I also was able to sew the girls some new skirts and even make Kyron a tie--so we got all dressed up on Easter Sunday and I was hopeful to take some pictures.  That morning, Kyron didn't want to get out of bed, he didn't want to get dressed, he didn't want to put shoes on, and he didn't even want to go outside!  I prepped myself with the lowest of expectations and kept telling myself we could even try these pictures on another day.  Somehow we managed to get Kyron dressed and outside, Geoff helped set up the ladder to prop the camera on, we called the kids over, and miraculously Kyron ran over, stood where we asked him to stand, looked at the camera, and was this perfect little boy for the 1 minute and 7 seconds it took to get our pictures taken.  It was a complete miracle!  Every time I look at these pictures I'm still in awe at how beautifully Kyron cooperated when it was "go" time!











The more I understand about the Plan of Salvation, the more I realize just how much Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father love us.  I am so thankful for Their love, for Their perfect plan, and for the opportunity we have the learn and grow with Their guidance.  What a blessing it is to proclaim, "He is Risen!  Truly, He is Risen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment