Saturday, September 12, 2020

Mom and Dad Nelson Help with Improvements

Our brick patio was in need of fine-tuning.

With Dad's guidance, I was able to continue the retaining wall/border to the end of the brick area.  When Mom and Dad were so kind to stop on their way home from Utah, they helped us begin work of leveling the existing brick.




During our work, you'll never guess who got a hold of my camera!

These girls were more than just pretty faces, though.  They helped move all the brick we removed from the patio!

I was extremely proud of them for sticking to the task until the work was done.  (A promised Fudge Popsicle may have had something to do with it!)

Patio area ready to be leveled

Dad helped us take down three trees that were right up against the house.  Mom decided to show off her skills with the first tree.


I was so glad Dad was still with us when we started to lay the brick--I was so nervous I wouldn't know how to do the work well.

After they left, progress was slow but steady.  It usually took me about an hour to lay one row of brick.

Our stone path also needed some attention.  The gaps between stones were very large,

and many blocks were uneven.  I wanted to tighten things up and get rid of all tripping hazards.



Dad brought his tools to cut some blocks to fit just right.  This area is still being leveled and improved.

Yes, we got a TON of work in, but I was also grateful for the down time where we could visit and enjoy one another's company.



I'm pleased to report that the patio has been put back together--but apparently I placed the bricks tighter than before...I'm short about 10 bricks!  But I'm not concerned, I have some other plans for this corner!


Excited about the chance to make this house our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment