Saturday, September 12, 2020

Hylie and Braddock's Baptism


Hylie and Braddock were hopeful to have the opportunity to share their baptism day.  Because of the needed precautions during the pandemic, we submitted approval for our family to be together for this ordinance and were so grateful when we were granted permission.  Not only were we able to be with family in Pennsylvania, but other relatives could tune into the program and baptism via computer.  It was such a special, beautiful day.  Grandma Nelson and Grandma Hilton prepared some touching talks about baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.  The cousins all sang together with Tanner accompanying them on the piano while playing his own arrangement of "When I Am Baptized".  



Grandma Nelson surprised Hylie by making this lovely white dress for her special day.





Watching Geoff baptize Hylie was very sweet.  The most touching moment for me was when I watched Geoff and Hylie hug right after she was baptized while still in the font.



I'm so thankful for a Father in Heaven who ensures His children understand not only how to return to Him, but also how to become a better person through His love and help.  As I have watched Hylie learn and grow, I have been touched by her eagerness to understand and to apply what she knows.  Her smile never faded the day of her baptism and she shared with me that she felt so good to be baptized.  I pray that she will learn how the spirit speaks to her so she can recognize the blessings and guidance that comes from the Holy Ghost.  I know that happiness comes through God's Plan.  How I pray our children will experience and recognize this happiness as so many different views and paths swirl around them.

After the baptism, Dean and Andrea hosted a luncheon--we visited all afternoon and into the evening.  How I love being with family.

Kyron was fascinated with Chloe!








No comments:

Post a Comment