Thursday, October 29, 2020

Summer Projects Status: SUCCESS!

 At the beginning of the summer when I made my list of desired projects, I was feeling slightly overwhelmed, but determined.  But like the tendency of many projects, their complexity can enhance as other problems are revealed...I definitely ran into this but I'm happy to report that everything has come together!

We hired a tree company to take down a huge dead elm tree and clear out all of the invasive trees along our property line.

We planted four itty bitty arborvitaes in hopes they'll provide us some privacy in a few years.  We also set up a swing set for the kids.


The Honeysuckle trees around our deck did provide privacy and shade, but they were out of control.

So we had them removed and planted some trees on the other side of the walkway to open up the space.  If you look closely, you may also see the little maple we planted between the walk and deck in hopes it will provide us some shade in a few (or maybe several!) years.

I put some patio block down to soon house a much-wanted porch swing.  At the same time, I was able to shape the ground around the patio so everything was a little more level.  We also planted the privacy trees pictured behind the patio block.


And finally, the last project of the summer was just completed: I repositioned and leveled all the stones in this path and applied concrete as grout.  Oh, it feels good to be done...for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment