Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Pumpkins

 For Family Home Evening we put our carving skills to work and created our Jack-O-Lanterns.  All the kids had fun and were pretty excited about how their pumpkins turned out!

Kyron LOVED carving his pumpkin.  I drew different options for his eye shape and he pointed to what he wanted and he even pulled the pumpkin pieces out.  By the time he was supposed to pick what mouth shape he wanted, he was too busy playing with his pumpkin pieces, so Eliana stepped up and helped finish his design.


Hylie picked a small pumpkin to carve and was so excited to design and cut out a silhouette of a cat.  However, I am convinced her pumpkin was petrified.  It was almost impossible to cut.  I cleaned out the pumpkins earlier that day and had the hardest time cutting the lid--I let her know she may have to paint her pumpkin instead, but she and Dad worked extremely hard on it and were actually able to carve everything out!

Not surprisingly, Eliana opted to paint her pumpkin...


However, after watching everyone busily carving, we were all surprised when Eliana asked if she could carve one, too!  She has always been absolutely disgusted by pumpkin 'guts' and touching any part of the inside of the pumpkin.  Luckily, I had picked up an extra pumpkin just in case and Eliana designed and helped carve it!






No comments:

Post a Comment