Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Kyron 18 Months

 

Somewhere at the end of the summer, this big guy reached 18 months.  Ever since he figured out how to move about on his two feet, he has been go, go, GO!  He loves emptying every box of whatever its contents are, turning on the stove, and "helping" mom with laundry (it's pretty pointless to fold laundry when Kyron's awake, but he sure knows how to help put clothes in the dryer, throw the handy-dandy dryer balls in, and push all the right buttons!)


It seems Kyron understands everything we say to him, but he has no desire to verbally respond.  In fact, when I ask him to say "Mama" or "Dada", 99% of the time he replies with a very grumpy grunt.  However, he'll do some animal sounds for dogs, lions, and ducks!

Anytime he sees the pantry door unlatched, he makes a beeline for his favorite snack of applesauce pouches.  Kyron's still a pretty picky eater, but he's finally starting to actually TRY some unfamiliar food before he decides if he likes it or not.  Before, he would just look at the food and chuck it across the room, never letting it near his mouth.

I'm glad I got this video when I did--he has refused to do this song ever since, ha!

Outside is his favorite place to be and if he can get into something dirty while he's there, he is in heaven!  Kyron also loves to take hold of the scooter backwards and run as fast as he can down the driveway--we're working very hard on stopping at the road. 

He still loves to snuggle at night, which makes my Mama Heart so very happy--I'm soaking in all the love I can get.  And, admittedly, the fact that he's a Mama's Boy makes me melt.  




He considers himself a pro when it comes to eating with a spoon.

And here's a side-by-side of Geoff and Kyron.  There's no point in putting up my 18-month photo to see who Kyron looks more like, he's all Geoff!  Such sweetness!


No comments:

Post a Comment