We stayed in Chicago for Thanksgiving and were lucky to have the missionaries join us as well as two ladies from the ward. It was a very nice evening.
I'm finding myself in a very busy and demanding time as a mother. My children are still very dependent on me and each day looks completely different. I'm grateful for this time, but I'm not going to lie--I'm exhausted! Thankfully, I have Geoff by my side and he is a very involved father and supportive and loving husband. The kids love when he gets home and cry when he leaves. Geoff takes the time to make memories these kids will cherish forever. I'm so grateful for our health, for our comfortable home, and that we truly have all we could ever want or need. The gospel of Jesus Christ has blessed us all immensely and I pray everyday to teach my children how to feel the spirit and build their own testimonies. Without the atonement of Jesus Christ, I would feel and be hopeless. I am constantly turning to Christ and asking Him to help me be more patient, more loving, and more forgiving. When I was little I remember listening to prophets and apostles talk about the need to repent everyday and I would think, "There is no way they mess up so much that they need to repent EVERY day!" Now that I'm more aware of what repentance involves and who I desire to become, I find myself needing to repent every hour. What a gift we have to be able to strive to be a little better each day, to learn from our mistakes and not be weighed down by them. I pray to always "Remember, Remember the Goodness of God and be Grateful" for then I will have a life of happiness and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment