Kyron decided to change things up a bit when he turned 7 months. He went on a poop strike. Yep, this kid did not have a poopy diaper for almost 3 weeks! 3 WEEKS! I had just starting introducing solids to him around 6 months and was terrified that I fed him too much or did something to do him in. I backed off on solids for a few days, but still nothing was coming down the pipes. I contacted the nurse and she recommended he drink pear juice and eat lots of prunes, peaches, and pears. If things didn't start rolling with that, I was to use the tip of a thermometer to help stimulate things. Nothing. I gave him a suppository and FINALLY (after 2 hours) he passed some poop--but it was a very small amount so I took him to the doctor's. After a very invasive investigation, the doctor explained that he wasn't constipated, he was just being lazy and didn't want to push the poop out! Crazy! When she asked how much food I was giving him, she told me to triple that amount and the volume will help things move along. So on the way home, I stocked up on a ton of baby food and hoped for the best.
That night I had him lay in the bath tub for awhile in hopes the warm water would help--and it did! He got a ton out of his system and I don't ever remember being so excited to see poop in the tub! I'm still a little on edge--he'll go a few days without pooping, but things are much improved now!
In other news, Kyron is really getting into play time. He loves toys and sitting in his saucer. He'll roll over to reach a toy and is becoming super grabby. We have to be careful about what is within reach!
He is still not sitting on his own. He flops forward anytime I let go of him. I'm having him play in his saucer and eat in his high chair in hopes he'll build up strength to sit on his own...but being he's too lazy to poop, he just may be unmotivated to other things as well!
Regardless, we love him so! His smile and laughs just lift us up. He continues to be such a pleasant guy and willingly goes with others if mom can't hold him. His sleeping patterns at night are astronomically better. My goal was to get him to sleep till 5:00 AM, but he's been pretty consistent with a 4:30 AM wake up call. He usually nurses at that time and then falls back asleep--so I slip back in bed for a little while and then Kyron continues to sleep while I get the girls ready for the day, so it's working out well for now!
Here's hoping for a more 'regular' month! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment