Recently I was called to be the Young Women's President in our ward. I feel like such a fish out of water because the last time I was in the Young Women's organization was when I was a young woman...now that I'm on the leadership end, it's a tad overwhelming, but I'm so grateful to be working with these girls and their families.
For the girls' birthdays, we wanted to give them something that reminded them of the theme for this year, "Come Unto Christ". I wanted to incorporate as much of Moroni 10:32 as I could, so this is what came to mind and I am so pleased with how it turned out!
I wish I could say this easily came together, but it was my first attempt at cutting vinyl with my silhouette machine, and to give you an idea of how well that went...the lettering you see is from my SIXTH cut. Ugh. But thanks to Andrea, she gave me some pointers and encouragement to keep trying and it finally turned out. I knew I wanted to add some color to the tile with ribbon, but I wasn't sure how I would attach the ribbon to make sure it was safe to hang. Last night the idea to glue the ribbon around the edges came to my mind and I'm so excited with how it looks! I hope the young women will like these little gifts and even more, that it will help them remember that they can be strengthened through Christ.
It looks great! And that ribbon is pure genius!
ReplyDeleteIt looks wonderful! The YW are sure lucky to have you!
ReplyDelete