Thursday, March 6, 2014

Eternal Winter

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the movie "Frozen", but I am convinced that because of its success, Disney has cast us all in a spell of eternal winter and I will not have it!  Ha ha, seriously, we're making it through just fine, we have a warm house (at least we do when our heater's air-intake doesn't freeze over...which has happened three times this winter!), Geoff doesn't have a long commute, and we all know that there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing/gear and we are blessed to have all we need to keep our fingers and toes toasty.  But I won't lie, I am ready for spring!

In fact, because of the chilling temperatures and the abundance of snow, Hylie and I haven't really played outside much.  She really can't play in the snow, because it is so deep, she doesn't have a chance to move in it!  But one sunny and warmer day a while back, we spent a good bit of time enjoying the season.

Hylie playing in the snow that literally towers over her

She loved tossing the ice blocks and watching them break in pieces

What kid doesn't love playing in puddles, even if the water is bitter cold?


Can you blame me for wanting Spring to come?

2 comments:

  1. You are good sports about the eternal winter! Glad you were able to get out and have some winter fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh! I'm glad we moved just in time to miss this crazy winter out there! We don't envy you're snow a bit!

    ReplyDelete