Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mud Room Face-Lift

As a previous posts have shown, our house has some areas that really need some TLC.  Slowly but surely we're making some beautiful progress and loving this place more and more.  One of the features about this house that I absolutely love is the Mud Room.  It has closets, hook areas, and a spot to even put a bench so we can sit down when we take our boots off.  How perfect is that?


A few weeks ago, I went to IKEA and found the cutest storage bench.  Geoff and I assembled it and are so thrilled with how wonderfully it fits between the closets...


...however we still had a pretty nasty water-stained wall behind the bench.



Not for long!  My friends Jen and Erin showed up last week with wall paper and glue in hand and gave this little spot a delightful make-over!


Jen knew our long-term plans are to insulate the room (because it is FREEZING in there during the winter!) but in the mean-time, I really wasn't thrilled about having an ugly wall staring at people when they first came to our home.  She had supplies left-over from her projects and not only was gracious enough to give them to our home, she also installed them!  Are we spoiled here in Chicago, or what?


Jen (on the left) and Erin (on the right) did all this work in an hour!

Thanks so much, Erin and Jen!  This spot looks beautiful, thanks to you!  Aren't these girls the cutest and greatest friends?  


Now I can't wait to hang hooks and make a cute cushion for the bench!

3 comments:

  1. Looks terrific! Your house is coming along beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when the starts align and something pre-made fits perfectly in your space!?! What a find! And what awesome friends you have. Love the new mud room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great friends! It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete