Now that we have these crazy high vaulted ceilings, our little 4 foot Christmas tree was having a hard time filling up all that space. Last year Hylie kept commenting that we had the smallest tree she had ever seen. I had been watching Craig's List for quite a while and finally found the gem of a tree. Nine feet of magic and wonder! I didn't say anything to the girls because I wanted to see their reactions to this evergreen (well, fake evergreen) giant. As I was setting it up, Hylie would come by and say, "Is that the same tree from last year?" Even after I had to have Geoff come in and place the last piece on top because it was way too high for me, Hylie came by with her head cocked to the side and a puzzled look on her face, "Mom, come on, just tell me, is that the tree we had last year?" Really?? This thing is wider than our old tree was tall and she's not sure if it's the tree from last year? Ha!
The kids loved decorating the bottom half and even started clustering the ornaments and referring to them as 'families'. I let them have their go at it, then I did some 'adjusting' that night.
Lillian working on one of the ornament 'families'
Kids watching Dad in action
No comments:
Post a Comment