Thursday, June 20, 2019

Kyron 4 Months



Kyron keeps getting cuter and cuter and continues to be a very chill baby.  I've hesitated to say any of this out loud, but: he rarely fusses, eats well, is starting to sleep better at night, rarely has diaper blow outs, is okay with you sitting down while you hold him (all our girls insisted on being walked when they were fussy), and politely watches me while I do dinner prep.  I keep pinching myself thinking I must be in some epic baby dream, but he's real! 



He still has some crazy spit up episodes, I'm currently keeping a written record of how often he doesn't keep his meals down so the doctor can determine if he should start re-flux medication.  He's growing in length--he's now 26", and his head circumference continues to be healthy, but he's not gaining as much weight as the doctor would like.  At four months old, he's 15 lbs. 8 oz. and is in the 50th percentile as opposed to the 91st percentile at birth.  We'll see if we can figure out this spit up problem...













We also recently went to a urologist.  Kyron has a duplicate part on his right kidney where an extra ureter drains to the bladder.  We will be getting some bladder screening done to make sure everything is draining properly.  He has shown absolutely no signs of complications, and we hope it will remain this way!



In other news, he still strongly dislikes tummy time, smiles up a storm for everyone, and has even teased us with some delightful giggles.  The girls continue to adore him and he definitely isn't complaining about all the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment