Thursday, June 20, 2019

Dianne's 40th Birthday



To say I got extremely spoiled this birthday is quite the understatement.  My goodness, Geoff and the kids outdid themselves!

Since this is a milestone birthday, I did want to do something out of the ordinary, so Geoff and I went to a paint class where you complete a picture in two hours.  I just so happened to have it scheduled on a "date night" event where a couple paints two halves of one scene.  I absolutely love the concept and I love how our painting turned out!  It was a lot of fun painting with Geoff and having a chance to be creative.  Kyron tagged along and was such a trooper--I only had to hold him for a small portion of the evening.




We decided to work on the park bench and couple together.  I painted Geoff, and he painted me!


Then, the Saturday before my birthday, Geoff decided he wanted to surprise me.  I do not handle surprises well--especially when you TELL me (a week in advance) that a surprise is planned but don't give any details about time, place, needed attire, whether or not I should be hungry, if I am going to be bringing Kyron or if I need to make sure he gets fed before I leave?  The planner in me just cannot handle surprises!  But for some reason Geoff likes driving me batty and planning these surprises.  Well, his surprises never disappoint, so I really shouldn't get my knickers in a knot and this year was no exception to having a fantastic surprise.  My dear friend, Jen Fa'anunu came to the door with lunch in hand and we both went to get pedicures.  It was wonderful!  I kept telling Geoff that the surprise was complete with Jen showing up, I didn't need lunch AND a pedicure--but they sure were nice to have as Jen and I caught up.  (And not one picture was taken...)

On Monday (see I TOLD you I was spoiled) we went out to eat at Mod Pizza and then topped the evening off with some yummy frozen custard.  If this is how the rest of my 40th year goes, I can handle this! 









No comments:

Post a Comment