My good friend's daughter graduated from High School this year and I offered to make Sidney a quilt as a graduation present. Sidney picked out a pattern (I made sure she picked what I thought was a simple pattern) and the fabrics. I was pretty excited about her choices. Before I went to PA, I cut out the fabric and sewed a few blocks together and was pretty proud of myself. I thought I was on the home stretch. Ha ha! Not even close. Mom helped me out each step of the way and even spent quite a bit of time ripping out stitches...ugh.
But when it was all said and done, I was thrilled with the outcome. I had NO idea how big of an undertaking this was. I believe the next quilt I do will be when there are no babies, toddlers, or needy children at home. Ha ha!
Thanks Mom and Dad for making this quilt possible. If you weren't tending to the girls, I would have never been able to get the 10+ hours of sewing every day. And if Mom wasn't constantly guiding me along, this would have been a huge mess!

No comments:
Post a Comment