So this post is two months late but...
in March I put together an Evening of Music and invited anyone in our ward to come perform. March was a crazy month of sickness for our family and Eliana was running a fever this particular weekend, so Geoff and Eliana stayed home while Hylie tagged along with me so I could run the event. I was sad our whole family couldn't attend, but the evening was filled with some wonderful music. Many individuals came to perform and some came just to listen. We had little ones playing amazing pieces on the violin, piano, and cello, some adults performing some pretty impressive guitar solos, vocalists, pianists, and I had the pleasure of playing with a very fine violinist, Stephanie Goold.
A friend of ours recorded the numbers I was in so Geoff could hear them, so here are the YouTube posts:
Hungarian Dance
A Change in Me
Bach's Double Concerto
I can assure you, the notes out of tune on the violin duets are me! It was so fun to get my violin out and take the time to practice and play--and what a joy it has been to play with Stephanie.
To thank the participants, I put together a little thank you treat with a classic ABBA song.
I'm hopeful to make this an annual event, we'll see how on top of it I am next winter!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful music! What a wonderful idea to gather everyone. You are creating some very meaningful traditions!
ReplyDelete