Okay, cue the creepy music from that classic TV program we watched as kids even though it freaked us out and kept us up at night wondering if the escapees from Azkaban were lurking in our backyards.
Last week, I was taking the girls with me to run some errands and when I entered our garage, my eye caught this:
I pulled it out and saw it was a 1,000 Brazilian note. I never noticed it there before, so I called Geoff to see if he found it and tucked it behind the conduit--he hadn't, but he looked up the currency and found out it is worth $285 US dollars!
I left for my errands but kept feeling a little creeped out wondering how it got there, so just to be safe, I called the Morton Grove police to see if there were any recent incidents involving Brazilian money. There hadn't, but they asked to come check things out. An officer came by and said it was suspicious but, of course, there was nothing to be done. They told me to keep the money (woo hoo!) and if we heard anything skeptical going on outside, to call them immediately.
I'm happy to report that absolutely nothing has happened, but I still would like to know where that money came from! Geoff thinks it's been there ever since we moved in but I really don't think we wouldn't notice it for three years! Plus, the people who lived here before us were from India, not Brazil!
Well, I guess now all we have to figure out is where we need to go to exchange the money and then decide how we want to splurge! ;)

What in the world?!? That's sure a fun kind of creepy though! Enjoy the shopping spree!
ReplyDelete