Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Happy Father's Day


Each Father's Day I find myself reflecting on how blessed my life is because of my Father.  Dad is such an example to me of hard work, patience, common sense, faith, and wisdom.  I'm grateful for the guidance he provided all through my childhood years and continues to provide now that I'm grown.  Anytime I have a fix-it-up project, 99% of the time it is accomplished because of the help Dad willingly gives as I call him (non-stop) through the entire process.  I also have greater understanding of gospel principles and scriptural application because of his example and insight.  Without complaint, Dad made sacrifice after sacrifice through his years of employment to provide for our family.  If he wasn't involved in shift work, he was enduring long commutes and tiring hours.  Even now, whenever one of us has a move to accomplish or work that needs to be done on our home, Dad gives so much of his time and energy to go out of his way to help us.  Thank you, Dad, for all the piggy-back rides, father's blessings, and much needed advice.


And now, I'm doubly blessed on Father's Day because of my amazing husband and father of our daughters.  Geoff's patience never ceases to amaze me, his sense of humor carries me, and his willingness and ability to provide has blessed us all so much.  I'm a stay-at-home mother because of his determination and sacrifice.  I love that Geoff turns every experience into a learning opportunity and is always looking for ways to grow and improve.  Geoff is grounded in the gospel, is in tune with the spirit, and goes out of his way to serve those around him.   It's no wonder that Hylie is a "Daddy's Girl"--Geoff spends so much quality time with our kids and is just as crazy as they are.  :)   My life is infinitely blessed because of him, I am so grateful to be on this adventure with the best man around.




I love this pic, it really shows how much Hylie looks like Geoff!


 Happy Father's Day, Geoff.  What a blessing you are to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment