Earlier this month we got quite a bit of snow which brought quite a bit of excitement to Hylie. Unfortunately, the temperatures stayed well below freezing, so playing outside was not an option for this Mom. Finally, about a week after the first snow fall, we had temps in the upper 20's so I took Hylie out while Eliana slept in her warm bed. Hylie was thrilled and the first thing she said when we stepped foot in all the white stuff was, "Let's build a snowman!". I bent down and gathered a huge ball of snow in my hands only to find, it was super powdery--but how do you explain to a toddler that it's not 'snowman snow'? I was able to distract her by digging out our little sled and pulled her around our yard and then we climbed 'North Mountain' (which was the pile of snow that accumulated from shoveling our driveway). I was running out of ideas of what to do in powdery snow, but Hylie wanted to stay outside, so finally I brought out our sand toys and let her have at it.

On top of "North Mountain"
Later that week, the temps rose above freezing which changed the consistency of the snow, so Geoff took Hylie out for the time of her life--they made all sorts of snowmen! It was cute, because depending on the heights, Hylie would refer to the snowman as the 'Dad' snowman or the 'Eliana' snowman. Fun times!
Hylie working on the "Eliana" snowman
Putting together the "Daddy" snowman
Looks like a great time in the snow! Amy is very jealous!!
ReplyDelete