Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

2014 has flown by--when I think back on all we did and experienced, I can't believe all of that happened in just one year!

This year was full of home improvement projects.  Off the top of my head, the things we did for our home include:

Painting the living room, dining room, hallway, and two bedrooms walls and ceilings, redoing the mud room (thanks, Dad!), re-doing the two hallway closets, putting up new drywall in the pantry, ripping out the huge bushes in front of our home, and of course, the kitchen renovation project.  I'm tired just thinking about all the work!  But we love how our home is coming to life and enjoy every square inch of the improvements.

Hylie's grown so much--it's crazy to think she started walking just a week before we entered 2014, she's just a constant ball of energy: playing, talking, and exploring during all waking hours!

I also can't believe that I was pregnant for the majority of 2014!  Again, I am so grateful for how smoothly everything went with bringing Eliana into our family.

I'm ashamed to admit, but our little family did not stay up until midnight to welcome in the New Year.  We haven't been getting much sleep with a new little infant and a toddler who thinks it's completely normal to rise and shine at 5:30 AM as well as have random wake-up calls in the wee hours of the night...so to celebrate the New Year, Hylie slept ALL night long and didn't wake up until 7 AM and Eliana let me sleep for a 3 hour period.  Woo Hoo!

But for the record, we did set some goals before we said good-bye to 2014.


Dad: Read the Entire New Testament
Eliana: Eat, Sleep, and Poop (we know she'll do more, we're just keeping it real)
Hylie: Get Potty Trained
Mom: Beautify the Front Yard

For kicks and giggles, here are some Hylie "out-takes":



We're looking forward to all the adventures that await in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment