Hylie and I took a nice walk Wednesday morning where Hylie stayed pretty alert the entire time. When we got home, I changed her diaper and decided to draw up her bath. Hylie seemed to enjoy the warm water and remained pretty pleasant throughout the entire tub time. She wasn't very excited to be removed from the water into the cool air, so I quickly bundled her up in a fresh, warm towel. Two seconds later I hear the all-too-familiar noise Geoff and I refer to as 'the blow-out'. Yes, that's right, Hylie couldn't wait for a diaper, she had to go NOW, right after she became squeaky clean. I admit, I ran around the house a few times trying to figure out what my next step should be. Finally, I laid her down, wiped her off and filled the tub up with water again. Hoping another bath would soothe her constant crying, I put Hylie in the water only to find that it not only soothed her, it also prompted her to pee into the fresh, clean water. So once again, I pulled her from the water, adding more water to the already wet floor, and ran her third (and hopefully LAST) bath. By now, Hylie wasn't finding much comfort in anything, but she managed to get through this bath without adding anything of her own to the mix. I then finally got her hair washed (with Hylie IN a diaper) and calmed her down for a nice, long nap. Looking forward to next bath time...when Dad's around to help!
| Here's a girl who takes Rinse and Repeat (and Repeat) quite seriously... |
haha That is too funny! We haven't experienced poop without a diaper (besides in the tub), so you got one up on us! We are so excited about your news and can't wait for it to all happen! Let us know if we can do anything!!!!!
ReplyDelete