I honestly don't know how Geoff does it. He is CONSTANTLY, and when I say constantly, I mean CONSTANTLY pulling surprises out of his sleeve left and right. We really didn't make any formal plans for Valentine's Day...life has us pretty swamped with our jobs and teaching Institute. So I grabbed a few fun breakfast and lunch treats for Geoff and left him some notes to let him know I was thinking about him. Well, I was at work on the 14th, eating lunch and minding my own business when the teacher's lounge door swings open and in walks this tall, dark, and handsome man all suited up carrying a beautiful bouquet of roses! Geoff came and personally delivered flowers again--just like he did last year. He even printed off a cheesy Valentine's Day card to go with it.
I worked late that night and was finally driving home a little after 7:00 when I got a text from Geoff telling me "The gym is a hopping place, I'll run and lift weights and come home after that". I was a little bummed, even though we didn't make plans I at least wanted to spend some time with him. So as I was driving home I was thinking of how I could 'gently' encourage him to come home sooner than later. I pulled up to our place, opened the garage door and there was his car...Geoff REALLY had come straight home from work prepared with
a chicken to roast in the rotisserie
and had yummy salad in my favorite set of dishes.
How amazing! So we enjoyed a DELICIOUS Valentine's day dinner together thanks to my wonderfully thoughtful husband. Geoff, thanks so much for making everyday extra special and for constantly being extremely thoughtful. I love you tons and tons.

No comments:
Post a Comment