For years I deemed this limited edition ice cream as my very favorite flavor. For years my mouth would water as February approached and I knew Girl Scout Cookies would be back on the market. Last year I cannot express the disappointment I felt as I fruitlessly searched store after store after store for Dreyer's incredible "Tag-A-Long" Ice Cream only to find (through Dreyer's very own "Flavor Finder") that it was not being sold within a 100-mile radius of Denver! I emailed my disappointment, hoping to encourage an overnight shipment to this area, not only did that NOT happen, they didn't even respond to explain their awful decision to not carry it here. But this year, the disappointment ran even deeper. They have completely discontinued this precious flavor! Ah! Geoff was very in-tune to my despair and came to the rescue. We took a box of "Tag-A-Long" cookies to Cold Stones and they mixed in the essential ingredients of peanut butter and fudge with these delightful delicacies and brought a huge smile to both of our faces. (Yes, I truly did share with Geoff!)

But of course, I couldn't let this go by without Dreyer's hearing from me. So I sent them the following email:
Every year I would wait as patiently as possible for Girl Scout Cookie Season...not necessarily for the cookies, but for Dreyer's amazing "Tag-A-Long" Ice Cream--my all time favorite ice cream. Yes, the ice cream I had to hide from roommates and stock up on each year. Last year I wrote (and received no response) with such disappointment that the Denver area was not carrying this amazing flavor...but this year, I was not prepared for the devastating news: DISCONTINUED? How could this be? Especially as I'm experiencing my first pregnancy...how can my ice cream taste buds go on? Please reconsider this decision...preferably within the next nine months.
Sincerely,
Dianne
We'll see if I get a response (and apology) this time...
No comments:
Post a Comment