Friday, June 17, 2022

CSO

 A few weeks before the Woodhouse Reunion, Grammy and Pappy surprised Geoff and I with tickets to the CSO so we could enjoy a date night while they were in town tending to us.  To say I was delighted would be a huge understatement!  Todd, Heather, and Lonn graciously agreed to baby-sit when Mom and Dad weren't able to come and the night was absolutely wonderful!



Annie-Sophie Mutter played the beautiful Beethoven's Violin Concerto and I also enjoyed other selections I've had the opportunity to play while in orchestras, so that was a sweet treat as well.  Geoff and I realized that in order to avoid an hour wait to catch our train home, we had to book it out of the concert hall the second the last note was played.  We stood up and applauded and then started running down flights of stairs to get to the station.  The energy of running down spiral staircases was only added upon as we heard the audience continue to applaud and cheer in the background.

Thank you, Grammy and Pappy, Todd, Heather, and Lonn for making this all possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment