The missionaries asked if Geoff and I would help out with another Facebook video. I asked for them to give us the details and we'd let them know. The original script had Geoff and I screaming at each other, me throwing a glass at him, missing and the glass shattering on the wall. We immediately turned them down. They changed the script and came back to us, but the video still involved Geoff and I being angry with one another, glass breaking, and then our problems were 'resolved' by a missionary giving Geoff a smile and a pass-along card. I sent them a different approach of focusing on how the gospel of Jesus Christ can help us resolve our differences. Crickets. I don't know how a film date was actually set because I don't remember coming to an agreement on what the video would look like, but the missionaries reassured us that everything would be fine. So they showed up and it still involved us arguing and a glass breaking. Hmm. I shifted my focus to making the video relatable. I didn't feel the argument we were having was solvable through a pass along card. Geoff and I brainstormed and he came up with the idea of us being stressed due to moving. From there we were able to develop a storyline where our problem WAS solved by a pass along card and Geoff and I felt much more comfortable with how everything was coming together.
We filmed for three hours--and a good majority of it was done outside with Geoff not wearing a coat! And here is the final result!
Those bunny slippers were made by one of the Elders and I was so glad the shot didn't show how much of my heels were hanging out the back! Ha ha! Grateful it worked out, but even more grateful that we have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives to help us through everything and guide us in the right direction.

No comments:
Post a Comment