Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Family Christmas Facebook Video

 The missionaries asked us to help with a Christmas video that they wanted to post on Facebook.  We agreed to it in October, but I must admit the day before it was going to be filmed in November, I was a big stress-ball.  I still didn't have a clear understanding of what the video was going to be, what time they would be here to film, who needed to provide what props, and how much of the house was going to be used.  I was tired and just not in the mood, ha!  Because of all the unknowns, I was feeling justified to cancel--but overwhelming feelings of guilt kept coming anytime I thought about doing that.  So I tidied up the main floor of the house Friday night and when they arrived on Saturday I was much more optimistic and energetic.


It ended up being a really fun and enjoyable experience.  The kids cooperated with each and every detail--no matter how many 'takes' it took.  The missionaries also let us help with the plot line of the film so we shaped things for the kids to be more involved in helping to turn the focus on Christmas Festivites to the Savior, Jesus Christ. 


After filming for two hours, they left to work on the editing.  By the time Christmas Eve rolled around, I figured the missionaries weren't able to use the material--but then I got a call on Christmas Day that the video was posted! Click HERE to see it.

I love the Christmas traditions we have in our family that do keep us focused on the blessings that are in our lives because of the Savior.  This year, with all the unexpected turns and disappointments, I have felt the spirit of love and unity grow within the walls of our home.  Our hearts have been softened and strengthened.  I'm thankful for all that we have that reminds us of the true Source of Joy, Love, and Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment