Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Summer Has Begun!

To say I've been pretty anxious about summer under lockdown would be quite the understatement.  I've always loved summertime where we would take advantage of parks, pools, library classes, zoos, time with friends, beaches...but all of that is closed due to COVID-19.  Some days I have activities planned, other days the kids just play and do an amazing job entertaining themselves, and there are those days where we have a hard time figuring out what to do at all, and many days I go to bed not feeling I am enough.  The kids have been troopers through this whole thing and I've been trying to figure out what expectations I should set for a time like this.  We are definitely blessed, Geoff continues to work, we have our health, we have food in our pantry, and we have plenty to do and play with.  I just need to focus on enjoying the blessing this pandemic has brought of time together.



Recently we discovered a little pond complete with ducks and swans.










This little boy keeps us on our toes at all times!  He is constantly getting into everything and anything.  Playing boardgames or doing anything during his awake time is quite impossible, but we sure enjoy playing with him and watching how he discovers his world.

Our neighbor gave us their unused Slip-N-Slide--we pulled it out last week and once the girls figured out how it works, it became a HUGE hit!




No comments:

Post a Comment