For about a month now, Hylie and I have been having fun planning her very own 'Super-Hero Birthday Party'. Quite frankly, I don't know where the theme idea came from...most of her show and book choices involve fairies and princesses, but that's what she requested and I thought the idea had a bunch of possibilities, so I went with it.
When the kids arrived, they each got to pick a cape, logo, and mask to decorate.
Then they each came outside to take a picture flying through the sky.
Hylie helped construct the buildings for the backdrop
Eliana jumped on the sheet in hopes to get some actual air for her shot
There is no down-time when super-heroes are about!
After a pizza lunch, Hylie demonstrated how to use all the super-hero tools so the kids could go outside and defeat all the villains. My favorite quote of the party happened after all the kids got outside and were sitting at their assigned stations, there was a lull for about 1.7 seconds so a little boy piped up and asked, "Can we start saving the world now?" ha ha!
They used Popsicle stick catapults (that Hylie helped make) to poison this monster with pom-poms.
These robots had shaving cream goo all over them, but these super-heroes stopped them from contaminating the city with their ooze.
Hylie drew some robots that were taking over a castle.
The kiddos had marshmallow shooters to knock down the robots...but apparently when it's above 80 degrees, marshmallows get too soft and squishy to actually shoot...so this activity was a bit of a flop.
But we ended things big with a pinata
This pinata was so tough, that after it got a pretty good beating from all these crime-fighters, it took two Dads to free all the candy!
I laughed that the cake ended up looking like "Cousin It" with a crown...
but it tasted pretty yummy, so I'm okay with that! But anything tastes good after saving the world, right?




Wow what a darling party! I especially love the cute pictures of all those super heros flying through the sky!
ReplyDelete