Monday, August 21, 2017

Hylie's 5th Birthday



On August 17th Hylie couldn't wait to get out of bed and celebrate her birthday!  I was glad she woke up happy, because the night before I made the mistake of pointing out it was her last night of being four--all of a sudden alligator tears were dripping down her face as she cried, "But I like being four!"



We started the day out by opening gifts and then the rest of the day was spent enjoying all her new things!  (And she also pointed out that 5 doesn't feel that different from 4.)


She LOVES this Lite-Brite set from Grandma and Grandpa!

For her birthday, Hylie asked if she could have "a fishbowl with a fish in it".  I giggled that she clarified (more than once) that she wanted the bowl to have a fish in it--maybe she's realized that I'm pretty anti-pets.  I will admit, I looked into the "Hexbug Aquabot"... but, I caved and got a little tank and quickly explained that it was only fishless for now because she was going to pick out her own little fishy after dinner.



Lillian was fascinated by the helium balloon! 


For dinner, Mom was given the day off because we headed to Culver's for some yummy food including their delicious custard.


She pretended the spoon was her candle while we sang "Happy Birthday"



After dinner, Hylie was very excited to pick out her new pet fish.  She found a beautiful Beta fish and named 'her' Emma.




Yep, she's still in the 95th percentile!




We are so excited to see what 5 will bring.  Lots of big things right around the corner with kindergarten and a ballet class!  We love you, Hylie!  We love all the fun, excitement, and craziness you bring to life!



No comments:

Post a Comment