Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easter Eggs & Cookies

This year a friend of mine let me in on a great find: fake, paintable Easter eggs!  I found them at Wal-Mart and hope that they are there EVERY year.  I LOVED them!  And quite frankly, so did the girls.

I remember last year when we were dying hard-boiled eggs, we were on constant watch that Hylie didn't crack any eggs and didn't even consider letting Eliana decorate them.  Then, once Hylie was done dying her eggs she was so disappointed that they stayed in the fridge, out of sight.  Ha ha! 







Once these puppies dried, the girls were able to play with them to their hearts content.  I thought they turned out super cute!


We also made a few sugar cookies for the girls to decorate.



We've learned pretty quick that when it comes to decorating, everyone gets their own personal dish of frosting and we keep the rule of, "If you decorated it,  you eat it!"  Ha ha!





We decorated them in two sessions--the girls got to quickly decorate (and eat!) one cookie on Monday night for FHE--here's Eliana in her typical night-time attire: unzipped footie pajamas.



They were excited they got to decorate more the next day...I just didn't get pictures of all the finished cookies before they were all eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment