This year we finally decided it was time to replace our hand-me-down sofa, and we are loving the new additions!
I'm realizing that "Before" pictures are getting pretty sparse. The second I realize I have time to tackle a project, I have to jump on the opportunity before a sleeping baby awakes or little kids aren't content playing on their own anymore. So here are a few pics to show what we had before:
This bookcase started collecting more than just books, mementos, and dust--so it was getting pretty cluttered and the toy bins weren't quite cutting it anymore.
I decided to change the layout of the living room to better accommodate our needs and uses at this time. The piano was moved to a different wall, we got new toy storage bins to put under our nice, large windows, and the sofas (with tall backs to accommodate Geoff's 6'-3" frame!) were put against the walls instead of the windows. And I must say, I love how it is working!
The upstairs wasn't the only area that needed a little attention and de-cluttering. Here is a before pic of the basement:
We had a bookcase that was getting a little over-loaded and the large toy bins were getting a tad out of control.
IKEA's shelves and storage bins came to the rescue. We sorted (and purged) the toys,
labeled the bins,
and are enjoying the results!
While I was working on the basement, I decided to also tackle the craft closet, a much-more involved task than I realized! I do not have a before picture to show its state before I sorted, purged, and organized...but I am sure loving the finished product!


No comments:
Post a Comment