Monday, March 20, 2017
Infinity
What you see here is a picture of a statuette "infinity" by Kim Lawrence. During the four years I attended BYU, I would walk through the bookstore and see this statue on display. I loved this statue, it's grace, beauty,and meaning tugged at my heartstrings every time I saw it. But my lack of extra funds (as well as lack of a man in my life) during all those years kept me from ever purchasing this piece of art. Then, after I graduated and had a job and some paychecks under my belt, I decided to finally splurge and get this for me in hopes someday I would have someone to spend infinity with. To my dismay, this piece had been discontinued. Now fast forward over fifteen years later, this statue is now sitting on my shelf because my sweet (and unpredictable) husband overheard me randomly talking about this statue to my mom and how silly I was sometimes and cut through the bookstore on campus just to look at it and how I cried when I could finally afford it and it was gone. Well apparently it was still available in cyber somewhere and Geoff put it in the corner of our kitchen counter behind the mixer on a Thursday night and I didn't notice it until Sunday night!
Geoff was dying during the three days the statue was sitting in the corner of the kitchen, just waiting to be discovered. He kept taking pictures of me working with the statue hiding in plain sight! I was clueless the ENTIRE time!
And yes, I bawled when I saw it. (But not as much as I did when I happily said yes to this amazing man when he asked me to be with him for infinity.) Thank you, Geoff Woodhouse. You are beyond wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment