Monday, April 18, 2016

Happy Easter!

Easter morning began super early when Hylie woke up from a bad dream.  The only thing that calmed her down was showing her that the Easter Bunny had come for a visit.  She enjoyed hunting for Easter eggs with Eliana and had even more fun finding out what goodies were inside.








Eliana actually found a few eggs on her own, but once she found out there were goodies inside, she decided eating her loot was more important than looking for more!

We attended church where we had some beautiful musical numbers and remarks on the life and atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for the greater understanding we can gain on the atonement from the scriptures and articles from our leaders.  More and more I am not only understanding the dependence we have on the Savior to return clean and pure to our Father in Heaven, but also understanding the enabling power we can receive from His grace.  All that I fall short of, all of my weaknesses can be made complete or strengthened through Jesus Christ.  I have seen this happen as I have prayerfully pleaded for help to be a more patient and compassionate wife and mother.

As the day went on, Hylie was having a harder and harder time and not acting herself.  We had taken her in to the doctors the day before where they discovered her ear pain was caused by wax build up and they also tested her for strep.  The initial strep test came back negative, but sure enough, we got a call Sunday evening that the next test came back positive.  Poor kid!

I finally got some pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses yesterday and I'm grateful to report that April is proving to be a much healthier (and now warmer) month!






1 comment: