Eliana's hit a few milestones lately and has been keeping us entertained with her cute little antics.
This little girl LOVES to eat! Sometimes she'll eat more than Hylie at dinner time! We still can't get her to eat any bananas, pears, or oranges, but when she likes what's on her tray, she can be pretty amusing to watch her self-feed:
Eliana also doesn't mind being spoon fed, especially when it's food from your plate. Sometimes she'll refuse food if she sees that what you're eating is different from her:
Even though I think her first official word was "Hi" (she would say it while waving) she hasn't been saying it lately, but she is super consistent with saying "more" while she does the sign language.
Every once in a while she'll humor us and echo some sounds like "mamamama" and "dadadadada", but only when she's in the mood and it's on her terms.
This cute kiddo LOVES bath time with her big sister. She will get SO excited and giggle and kick with delight when she hears the water running but will pitch a fit if we walk away from the bathroom instead of putting her in tub. However, when I take her in her room to get undressed for the bath, she realizes what is going on and will begin squealing again to show her approval.
She's still a little finger sucker. When we were in PA, my Dad noticed that when she had her right hand in her mouth, she would suck her first two fingers, but when her left hand was busy in her mouth, it was the middle two fingers. I looked back at pictures and the earliest ones I found showed this was even the case at 5 months old!
Eliana continues to be a die-hard mama's girl. She starts crying anytime someone comes into our home because she's worried I am going to leave. However, when it comes to toys, things are changing a bit. About a month ago, when she'd be playing with her toys and I'd walk towards her, she would fling aside whatever was in her hands and put her arms up to be held. (I won't lie, it melted my heart...) Now, if she doesn't want her playtime to be interrupted, she'll bat your hands away and cling very tightly to her toys. Ha!
And for the final tidbit about Eliana, she's officially mobile and is pretty proud of that fact, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment