Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Reality of Family Pictures

Every year when I start gearing up for family pictures, I scope out a perfect spot for scenic surroundings and excellent lighting, I pick out the perfect outfits for all of us to wear, and I schedule the photo shoot to happen at the perfect time (when the girls are the most amiable: in the morning with full tummies.)  So I think: this is going to be a breeze.  Right?



Wrong.


Wrong again.


Yep, still wrong.

I won't tell you how many different 'sessions' we had, how many hundreds of pictures were taken, or how many times I had to launder these outfits, and maybe I also won't tell you that we never got to the 'perfect spot' I had picked out--but you know what?  I love this family of mine and even if it's hard to snab a "perfect picture"--it doesn't take away from the fact that I am so perfectly happy.


And sometimes a little lucky, too.



 And in case you were wondering, yes, Geoff enjoyed every second of our family photo shoot(s)!


3 comments:

  1. This is hilariously true! Ha! LOVE the winning shot and Geoff keeping it real at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Awesome! Way to persevere because the last shot is perfect! The girl's outfits are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Awesome! Way to persevere because the last shot is perfect! The girl's outfits are so cute!

    ReplyDelete