Monday, September 14, 2015

Hylie's Playdoh Party

For Hylie's birthday, she requested a Playdoh Party, so while Mom, Dad, and Janna were in town, we had Hylie's friends over for some fun!

The kids came over for some pizza, playdoh fun, and cupcake decorating! 



Showing off their "Playdoh Monsters"




Mom was a HUGE help with the party--she helped with the set-up, cupcakes, placemats, pizza, and tended to Eliana while I was running around!




Lexi decided it was more fun to drink her sprinkles instead of decorating with them! 

 We knew Hylie LOVED playdoh, but we didn't know until we threw this party how MUCH Hylie actually LOVED this stuff--as you can see, all the kids were in cupcake mode, but Hylie was still in the zone and most of the time I don't even know she knew anyone else was at our house, she was so focused on her playdoh!

 Eventually, Hylie looked up and saw everyone with some dessert, so she finally put down the playdoh to have a treat!



Hylie had helped me put the "Monster Kits" together for each of the kids, but at the party, she was so involved with all the playdoh toys, she didn't take the time to make her monster--we were able to squeeze that in a few days later!

The party was a smashing success...until the next day.  In preparation for the party, I had made homemade playdoh and after the second batch I realized I had only used 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt when it called for 1/4 of a CUP.  You guessed it, the playdoh with less salt grew some fuzz and I had to call all the moms to tell them to throw out their moldy playdoh!  Ugh!  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment