Monday, September 14, 2015

Home Improvements

This summer we had huge plans to give our landscaping a face-lift.  Those plans took a back-seat when Geoff was job-searching, but now that he's back in business, we've been putting in a lot of blood, sweat, time, and money into our yard!

I don't have a ton of 'before' pics because it's been a slow and gradual process, but here's what we've been up to:



This is the area between our garage and fence.  It used to be just a big weed pit, but we pulled all the weeds, shaped the ground, covered it with weed block, and finally with rock.

The yard area to the left of our house was another weed infestation.  We also had a huge forsythia tree that needed to be tamed.  So I chopped down the forsythia, dug out the weeds, cleared a path, and then added some rock in the back.



You can sort of see the left side yard with the huge forsythia in these pictures


I'm hoping to find some nice ground cover for the areas on either side of the path


View from the back yard

Geoff has been doing some serious tree removal.  Thankfully, the missionaries from our church have come over a few times to join in on the fun!  Eventually we'll have a tall fence to replace all the mangy trees Geoff has taken out!


This is the only picture I could find of the trees in our back yard...


The missionaries taking out the trees (and some much-needed breaks!)





Home improvements don't usually take place without Dad!  When he was here, he fixed the gas leak in our car and did masonry work for our kitchen window.





 I absolutely love how it turned out!  Thanks, Dad!



Our front yard is finally ready for some bushes and flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment