Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Having Grandma Around

My Mom was so wonderful and willing to come out for the birth of the baby.  Because I was being induced, she was able to drive in December 1st and be with Hylie when Geoff and I headed to the hospital.  Hylie was thrilled to have so much one-on-one time with Grandma while Geoff and I were away, but I admit, I was stir-crazy to get home and get some of my own Mom time in.


Hylie was definitely not the only one spoiled for having Grandma in town.  We ate like kings the entire time (she made a Thanksgiving feast the day we came home!), had such a great time just sitting and gabbing away, and if Eliana wasn't nursing, she was snuggled up with Grandma.


I was especially grateful Mom was here the first week Eliana was home.  Eliana was dealing with mild levels of jaundice which required her to go in every day to get blood tests, plus the jaundice had an impact on Eliana's sleep--she never wanted to wake up to nurse.  Needless to say, this heightened the stress levels for me.  I had a few melt-downs when Eliana wouldn't wake up to eat and pretty much every time the doctors called to let me know her jaundice was still on the rise.  Mom was always there to reassure and help me keep perspective.  The day before Mom left, we got the news we had been waiting for, Eliana's jaundice levels finally went down!  To celebrate, Eliana had a great deal of alert time with Grandma that evening which was sweet for all of us to witness.


Mom also made a quilt for Eliana based on the theme "I love you to the moon and back".  It is absolutely gorgeous!  Thank you, Mom, for sharing your love through your talents in so many ways.  We will cherish this quilt always.


Thank you, Mom, for being here as we enjoyed welcoming Eliana into our family.  We are still enjoying the food you prepared and I feel more confident going out with both kiddos because of the 'practice' runs we took!  We love you so much and miss you tons!


1 comment:

  1. What a darling quilt and cute pictures of Grandma. I think she probably enjoyed being there every bit as much as you enjoyed having her! I know I could go for some Eliana cuddles right about now!

    ReplyDelete