Truly, I had made no plans for Thanksgiving because I figured I'd either be in the hospital in labor or in recovery mode...so not the case. My family in Pennsylvania even had their Thanksgiving feast last Saturday so Mom could enjoy the festivities with family (and prepare the food!) and then be here in Chicago when the baby arrives. I'm thinking if I had planned hosting a feast at our home and if Mom had decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on the actual day, I would probably be holding our new little baby with a ton of uncooked Thanksgiving food in the fridge and Dad would have been stuck in Pennsylvania in charge of making the turkey while Mom made her way to Chicago, ha! Alas, regardless of what plans we make, everything will work out the way it needs to happen.
Some kind families in our ward got together at the church to feast and invited our little clan to join them--and we are so glad we got to join in on the fun. There was TONS of yummy food, great conversation, and good laughs.
The kids were in charge of clean-up...
Indeed, we are so grateful for all we have: our amazing family, the fullness of the gospel, and wonderful friends. We are so, so blessed and are anxiously looking forward to holding our next blessing any day now!
No comments:
Post a Comment