We decided to strut our "Team Woodhouse" gear for the trip.
Geoff wanted a chocolate cake to celebrate. At first I was planning on trying to go dutch oven style...but since I've never really experimented with cooking cake over a fire, I decided to play it safe and bring an "Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Cake". Boy was it delicious! Geoff had quite the chorus singing the birthday song to him!
There were 17 children in our group and only 2 were boys! That night all the girls danced and sang songs together. Geoff was laughing at the sight and commented how NONE of his camping trips had such activities like this. Gotta love girl power! Ha ha!
That night Hylie didn't do too bad. She slept for a few hours in the tent, but when she awoke crying, I didn't want to disturb the entire camp, so Geoff helped me grab blankets and get set up in the car. Hylie slept until about 5:00 AM in my arms...I wish I could say the same. I was in and out of consciousness, but mostly "in". I enjoyed the beautiful sunrise though! Around 6:00 AM Geoff joined us in the car so he could warm up from the 48 degree night.
Hylie LOVED being in the great outdoors. She explored anywhere we would let her.
![]() |
| Our fearless (and filthy) explorer |
It was a beautiful day to be near the water. We played along Lake Michigan before we headed back home. Happy Birthday, Geoff! You are such an amazing husband and father. We enjoy each and every day with you and are so blessed to have you in our lives.




Camping with a baby is always an adventure. And that's a nice way of saying a nightmare. Ha! Glad you had fun despite lack of sleep. ;) And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Geoff!
ReplyDeleteLove the Team Woodhouse gear!
ReplyDeleteHylie's pants are my favorite. I'd like some of those (nelson of course) for me!! Looks like a fun camping trip. And I'm with Geoff on the camping activities. Never seen dancing... haha
ReplyDeleteHylie's pants are my favorite. I'd like some of those (nelson of course) for me!! Looks like a fun camping trip. And I'm with Geoff on the camping activities. Never seen dancing... haha
ReplyDelete