Dad provided me with the perfect piece of wood (just the right width, length AND it was even varnished!) for a wall ruler I wanted to have to measure our kids' height at each birthday.
I cut out some stencils and got to painting. I was hopeful to make it look like an 'old-school' wooden ruler and am super happy with how it turned out.
Since I'm showing off crafts...a few weeks before we moved, I also took the time to sew a draw-string bag. I used this tutorial for the pattern and tweaked a few things (I widened the drawstring and shoulder straps and added interior pockets.) The bag ended up being SUPER huge, so it's perfect for traveling and to use on Sundays when you have to bring so much to church to keep Hylie happy.
LOVE all the posts!! When we finally get back I've got my work cut out for me to catch up. Love your new place. Can't wait to see all the personal touches you guys will put on the place. The ruler turned out AWESOME. And I can't believe how quickly Hylie and Braddock's birthdays are coming up. Yikes! It was SO good seeing you guys!!
ReplyDeleteI love the crafts talented lady! Your home is going to be one lovely place with all your talents and interior design expertise!
ReplyDelete