We enjoyed another delightful Music Night this year. Many people came to participate, listen, and support. It was a wonderful night full of wonderful music. All the girls participated this year and picked the songs they played.
Eliana learned the theme song to Super Mario Brother's. There was a lot of syncopation and she NAILED it! I was super proud of how carefully she learned the rhythms.
Lillian was extremely excited to finally participate in Music Night this year. She picked the theme song to "Bluey". Not only did she have to learn new notes to play this song, her hands also had to move positions--she mastered it all and had a lot of fun with the audience participation.
Hylie learned an oboe piece called "Ariette". She's come a long ways with playing with dynamics and using amazing breath support. It's been fun watching her really grow into this instrument.
The piano piece Hylie picked was "Seven Nation Army" by White Stripes. It took some coordination when her right and left hands were contrary to one another, but she kept at it and really thrived with the song. I was trying to figure out ways to include the steady drum beat but in the end, the audience pulled through and added that element for her!
I had a harder time squeezing in practicing anything this year because of the involvement I had with Cabaret Night. So three weeks before the event, I selected "Belle Nuit" and was grateful Heather Buss was willing to accompany. I enjoyed learning the piece but blanked at the beginning of the song while performing it and played it the worst I've ever played. Oh well. I'm still grateful to have these nights that encourage me to incorporate music into my busy schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment