Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Bounce House Fun

 At the beginning of every summer we ask the kids what they would like to do and Kyron knew right away that going to a bounce house was at the top of his list.  When we were in PA for the 4th of July, there were bounce houses set up before the fireworks so I thought this was perfect and would fulfill his request!  But after waiting in line for a VERY long time, Kyron got in the bounce house at 6:59 PM only to be told one minute later that he needed to get out because the attraction was closing.  What?! Needless to say, he was not having it and ran further into the monstrous bounce house attraction.  When the people running the thing saw he wasn't coming out on his own, they went in to tell him it was time to go and he promptly ignored them--so they turned to me and let me know it was my job to get him out.  When he saw me enter the bounce area, he just started running faster and was laughing at the game of Mom chasing him.  Miraculously I caught up with him and knew the only way he was coming out was if I carried him.  So I picked him up and immediately his fists started flying.  All this time, the rest of the family was up on the hill laughing at the sight, but once Kyron's extreme defiance was witnessed sweet Genevieve and Andrea came down to assist me.  Carrying a fighting toddler through a bounce house obstacle course was quite the challenge, but once I made it to the opening, I was able to hand him over to Genevieve and Andrea and climb out.  So after this experience, I knew that we not only had to go to a bounce house, but that we needed to go to one where he could stay until he decided it was time to leave.  Our local mall didn't let us down--it was a place where you paid one admission fee and could stay for as long as you wanted.  And that's exactly what we did.  I warned the girls that Kyron *might* want to stay longer than they did so they brought extra entertainment.



After about an hour, Hylie and Eliana were bounced out and turned to their books and sketch pads


Kyron kept going strong!


Kyron was in heaven and bounced for over 3 hours!

After school started up for the girls, Kyron was pretty thrilled to come back for another turn.  This one only lasted about two hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment