Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Summer Flowers

For the longest time I was convinced I had no ability to keep a plant alive unless it was made out of plastic.  When I was living in my townhome in Colorado, my visiting teacher was so kind and brought me a beautiful potted plant AND a watering can to bring some color and warmth to my porch.  In less than a week it was dried out and dead and I was so embarrassed that it was long gone by the time she visited again.  While we lived in Morton Grove, I made attempts to grow many different types of flowers and bushes with minimal success.  Determined to overcome this terrible weakness, I continued to do research on gardening and I think I may have finally turned a corner!

 

Our landscaping is most certainly still a work in progress, but the good news is I'm making progress and absolutely loving the successes!






The kids, birds, and squirrels especially loved these vibrant sunflowers.



These two-toned dahlias made my heart so happy this summer...now if only I can figure out how to successfully store their tubers over the winter...



No comments:

Post a Comment